This blog's design is to keep you informed about what is happening in Brooke and I's life. And for those of you who pray for us and support us financially this is designed to be a place you can keep up-to-date with how Your Eternal Investment is effecting people all over the world. Thank you for keeping up with us!!!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Hearing God's voice and God's Provision

Just a quick up-date on where we currently are and what God is doing in our lives. We are in BV at the moment and preparing for our new arrival! Baby Cortese. (We are not sure of names yet or sex).
We have been moving towards full time ministry and  establishing accountability and support with our home church Cornerstone.

I just want to take a moment to share with you about God's awesome provision in our lives.

About 4 months ago now, I(Luke) was looking through craigslist for a car. Our main vehicle at that time was a 90' oldsmobile cutlass and was not running that well. It has been great for around town but we were a little scared to try to take it to the city.
Anyhow, I was looking on craigslist for a Jeep Cherokee. Something reliable and 4wheel drive that we could use in the snow and be able to get in the mountains too.

I had just found a really good deal and was getting ready to call on it. It was perfect (or so I thought). It was priced reasonably and had low miles and it looked really nice too!

Before calling I felt led to pray about it first. "Lord is this right? Is this the one we should go for? It seems perfect!".  As I prayed I felt God impress on my heart, "No. Don't call. I am going to give you a vehicle."

It took me a few minutes to come down from my excitement over the car. And then I decided to listen and not call.

Since that time, I kept hesitating every time the thought of getting a new vehicle come into the picture. I kept waiting, hoping for what I heard God say.

3 months later, we are still waiting and getting a little anxious about our little blue beast that continued to get louder and louder and a little more sketchy to drive.
One of those days (about a month ago now) I was driving our cool little car and I prayed, "God. When are you going to give us that car like you said you would?" (I was getting pretty anxious to look for a vehicle)

A few hours later that same day I got a call from Brooke. "So..." Brooke said, "I just off the phone with (one of our friends from church that had recently moved) ..and ...she's giving us her car."  

"WHAT?" I said. "Yeah, she said that God had really been putting us on her heart lately. She's getting a new car and feels like God wants her to give us hers!"

My eyes began to tear up as I realized what was happening. God was fulfilling His word to me that He had spoken 3 months earlier. "Wow. Thank you so much God." was all I could say.

Not only this, but the car we were given was exactly what we had been praying for. An SUV with 4wheel drive, perfect for getting into the mountains and driving in the snow! It is perfect. It is a 2001 GMC Jimmy. 4 doors, 4wheel drive, seats 5,  It has about 10,000 miles on a completely rebuilt engine and runs great!

We are so, so blessed!

The Best Part

But honestly, the vehicle is not the best part to me. HEARING GOD'S VOICE IS!
The fact that He spoke to me personally and specifically and then 3 months later did it, is more satisfying to me than any material thing I could ever have or get.

HE DOES SPEAK!

He desires to speak to us. Everyone of us. He desires to speak to you.
But I think we over complicate it sometimes. (at least I know I do).
We try to put God in a box or limit Him to a certain way of how it should look, but He does not operate that way.

Proverbs 25:2- Says, "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings to search out a matter." 

I believe one of the greatest adventures and privileges is to seek God out. To look for Him, seek Him, desire and ask for Him.
He desires for us to seek Him out. It is that ever increasingly wonderful game of hide-and-seek.
And how wonderful it is to find Him. For Him to reveal Himself to me.

In Jeremiah 29:13 God says, "You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

May we all seek God out with all our heart. It is hard sometimes. But it is so worth it to find Him. In doing so we find what life is all about!

And for now, praise God with us for His awesome, thoughtful, and perfect provision!

He is SO good!

1 comment: